More developers are adding landing pads for flying cars

December 14, 2018

As Uber and Airbus prepare to introduce personal transportation drones, landing pads are emerging as the latest futuristic amenity at condominiums for the wealthiest buyers.

In Miami, three luxury condos will feature flying cars landing pads, and their future residents that represent 1% out of the population, for example, would travel by air while the other 99% would be stuck in traffic.

“These flying-car projects are the real deal,” Dan Kodsi, a Miami condo developer and recreational pilot, told the New York Post. “They are funded. NASA is involved. It’s not just science fiction anymore.”

Personal transportation drones developed by Uber and Airbus would operate on the rooftop dock of the Paramount Miami Worldcenter, a 60 story condominium opening next year in downtown Miami.

Ritz-Carlton Residences in Miami Beach, an oceanfront condominium also planned to open next year, will feature a landing pad on a large boat designed for the residents. Furthermore, The One Thousand Museum, a 62 story condominium that is almost completed, will feature a rooftop helipad that doubles as an observatory deck overlooking Biscayne Bay.

These three developments have a price range as high as $11 million at Paramount, $20 million at One Thousand Museum and $40 million at Ritz-Carlton Residences Miami Beach.

View
Apartments
Register
  • Thank You For Registering

    Just a few more details so we can help you

    (All fields are required)

    When are you looking to purchase?
  • Thank You For Registering

    Just a few more details so we can help you

    (All fields are required)

    Need assistance with financing?
  • Thank You For Registering

    Just a few more details so we can help you

    (All fields are required)

    Need to also sell your property?