Miami Freedom Park: Beckham Group Reveals New RenderingsJune 7, 2019
A new Miami Freedom Park website, attributed to David Beckham and his partners, is live; in which we can see new renderings of the park and more details of the concession proposal submitted to the city of Miami.
“We look forward to working with the City of Miami to finalize the voter-approved, fair-market-value lease agreement that provides residents with an expansive public park, 11,000 construction jobs, 2,300 permanent jobs and more than $40 million in tax revenue, while using zero City taxpayer dollars,” said Jorge Mas, managing owner of Inter Miami CF.
The terms of the lease includes:
- A 99-year lease with annual rent payments in the amount of at least $3.5 million (based on a fair market evaluation made by a third party)
- Creation of a 58-acre public park and 11 soccer courts
- Payment of the total cost of property remediation to allow public use of the park
- A construction of the Inter Miami CF stadium, the entertainment and retail space, the office and hotel technology center, at no cost to city taxpayers
- Employee Lifetime Salary
- A commitment to complete the creation of the public park at the same time or before finishing the construction of the stadium
Miami Freedom Park has also added a Community Benefits Agreement, including $5 million for the Citywalk Riverwalk/Baywalk project, $20 million for park maintenance, and youth free access to the soccer fields. The owners of Inter Miami CF and Miami Freedom Park have also concluded a relocation agreement with the First Tee program.
During the last few months, representatives from the Miami Freedom Park held meetings and went door to door seeking support from the local community.
Inter Miami is co-operating with U.S. Soccer Foundation to bring free soccer programs, including clinics, mini-pitch facilities, and more events for the youth to become involved with the club. They also built a U.S. Soccer Development Academy that will begin to play in September for the 2019-20 season, a series only for South Florida players.