The Ultimate Bal Harbour Lifestyle GuideMarch 28, 2018
Bal Harbour is one of the most popular residential destinations in the world
Located in Miami-Dade County, Florida, this neighborhood poses white-sand beaches, swaying palms, fashion, and luxurious living. Home to less than 3,000 people, Bal Harbour is situated on the northern tip of the Miami Beach and is a barrier island in the northern-most tip of a chain which goes far south up to Key West.
The Collins Avenue is the main road running from south to north through Bal Harbour while a channel between the northern end of Biscayne Bay and the Atlantic Ocean passes through Bal Harbour’s northern end.
Here are some of the top attractions of life in Bal Harbour:
Bal Harbour has a number of bars, including many that serve food, making it a place with a happening nightlife. These bars are a golden place to relax for locals after a day of hard work as well as for the tourists.
Here are some of the best bars that Bal Harbour has to offer:
- Yardbird Southern Table & Bar: A tremendous destination on Lennox Avenue for those who are looking for a great nightlife experience in Bal Harbour. The drinks are unbeatable while the food is fresh. Do not forget to try the cocktails and wine here.
- The Backyard BBQ & Brew: The music, barbeque, food and drinks at this place also located on Lennox Avenue are mind-blowing. It also has a dance floor and private space for parties.
- Beach Bar: Another gorgeous place for great food and drinks. From Bahama Roll to New York strip steak, you will find it all here. Enjoying your drink with a view of the ocean makes the Beach Bar a perfect place to spend quality time. This bar is located on Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach.
Makoto: If you are looking for Japanese food and a fantastic sushi bar, Chef Makoto’s place is what suits you the most.
- The Capital Grille: If you are looking for exquisite seafood or dry-aged steaks and global wine, this is the place on Brickell Avenue you ought to be in.
- Old’s Havana: Want to try a different and authentic Cuban dish every day of the week? Go to Old’s Havana on SW 8th Street.
- Several hotels in Bal Harbour organize family fun events like games, pool play, camping etc.
- Try family-friendly cuisines that many hotels offer
- Enjoy fishing near jetty on Bal Harbour beach
- Rent bicycles to see the surroundings
- Check Museum of Contemporary Art North Miami (watch a fantastic Transformers or Star Trek movie, Star Trek, not Star Wars!)
- Creative Art for Kids are held in the museum on the first Saturday of every month
Things to do at Bal Harbour
Bal Harbour throws at you a plethora of opportunities to explore and enjoy. Here is a list of what you should do here to make the most out of it:
- Explore the Bal Harbour beach path leading to the jetty where children enjoy fishing with adults.
- Engage in windsurfing, parasailing, and waverunning.
- Walking on the beach in the evening, enjoying the sea breeze in a starlit night.
- Going on a shopping spree (with lower taxes you can do more!).
- Visit South Pointe Park in the southernmost end of Miami Beach. It takes just 26 minutes to reach there from Bal Harbour.
- Miami-Dade County Fair: If you are Bal Harbour in March-April, then this is the biggest attraction. It is one of the biggest fairs in the US and attracts 700,000 people every year.
- Take an art deco walking tour.
- Boating and jet skiing.
- Sightseeing in Miami.
Bal Harbour is a shopper’s paradise. Be it Bal Harbour Shops or any other place, the place’s luxury-shopping offerings are matchless. Besides brands like Gucci, Channel and Prada, Bal Harbour has plenty to choose from if you are a shopaholic.
From jewelries to ready-to-use boutiques to kids and adults wear to home furnishings, Bal Harbour has everything. Just go there and buy something!
Bal Harbour Real Estate
If you are interested in this luxury lifestyle that Bal Harbour brings to you, check out these properties!